6 Things I Loved About This Year's Grammy Awards

Monday, February 14, 2011

For the first time in a long time, I watched the Grammy Awards! I honestly thought the program as a whole was quite boring, but there were some bright spots. In the spirit of sharing, here are 6 things that I absolutely loved about this year’s Grammy Awards. Please feel free to add you own. Enjoy!


6. Mick Jagger Does the Grammy’s – How is it possible that the legendary Mick Jagger has never performed at the Grammy’s? The Rolling Stones’ front man took the stage last night…and he rocked it! His performance was high energy, and he seemed to thoroughly enjoy himself. On another note, I will be a happy woman if I have half the stamina as Mick when I’m 67. Work Mick!



5. Esperanza Spalding Wins Best New Artist - How many times have you watched the Grammy’s, and found yourself immersed in disappointment when your favorite artist failed to win the award? Welcome to the world of Justin Bieber fans everywhere! Esperanza Spalding, the singer and jazz bassist won the Grammy for Best New Artist, upsetting the favorite Justin Bieber. Let me be clear that this was not one of my favorite moments because Justin Bieber lost. This was one of my favorite moments because an extraordinarily talent artist, who may not be all that popular, celebrated a well deserved victory. This time, the Academy got it right!


4. Cee-lo Green and Gwyneth Paltrow’s Performance – I don’t know about you, but I was glued to the television trying to take it all in. It was all so colorful and festive. And also creative! Who knew that the Muppets had so much soul! Aside from the party that was going on on-stage, Cee-lo and Gwyneth complemented each other wonderfully! They had an unexpected chemistry that made the “kick ‘em to the curb” lyrics come to life. There was only one other thing about this performance that made me jump even higher for joy (see #3)…



3. Gwyneth Paltrow’s Shoes – I had an instant shoegasm! Gwyneth donned the Christian Louboutin multi-colored stiletto booties from the Spring 2011 Collection…..I won’t comment any further. The shoes can speak for themselves!



2. Bruno Mars, Janelle Monae, and B.O.B.  Share Their Multiple Talents – One word describes this performance: AMAZING! This was, in my opinion, the best performance of the evening. Three stellar artist sharing one stage, and sharing a multiple of talents. B.O.B.’s rendition of his hit “Nothin On You” was melodic and somewhat soothing. Bruno Mars seemed to channel Sam Cooke in his version of “Grenade.” I love the eccentricity of his voice. Finally, Janelle Monae, one of the most gifted artists out there, brought the house down with “Cold War.” It was epic! And imagine my surprise to see Bruno playing the drums and B.O.B. strumming the guitar during Janelle’s performance. I was astounded by the level of talent displayed on that stage. If you haven’t already done so, please support these artists. You won’t regret it! 




1. Lady Gaga arrives in an egg! - I am still laughing out loud! How creative of her! No one has ever done it. So congratulations to Lady Gaga for being innovative and thinking outside of the proverbial box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share My Post!