Spring Fever!

Sunday, March 27, 2011


 

Welcome to Spring Divas! This is one of my favorite times of the year. The weather is getting warmer, the flowers are blooming, and the thought of the treacherous Winter we just endured is slowly fading into the background. As with every season change, there are certain things Professional Divas must do in order to ensure fabulousness through Spring and heading into Summer…some professional…some personal…but all important. As the self-proclaimed voice of Professional Divas (at least in my head and on this blog), I have compiled a few of my thoughts on how we can strut into Spring with a new attitude. Please feel free to comment on those things I neglect to include. After all, us Divas must share to preserve Divadom! 


Dust of the SPF! – I was a little hesitant about this one, as I did not want to send the message that moisturizer with SPF is only appropriate when the temperature rises. In fact, the best dermatologists recommend that women, and men, where SPF year-round to protect against a variety of skin problems, including wrinkles and certain skin cancers. I hope that this will serve as a reminder that that using moisturizer with SPF is especially important as the sun gets hotter. So, please dust of your moisturizer, or check out some new ones at your drug store or department store counter. And remember to use it throughout the year, and not just when the warm weather hits.


Pedicure, Pedicure, Pedicure! – Divas, there is nothing more anti-sexy and unprofessional than donning beautiful peep toe pumps with ugly feet…there, I said it! Again, we should all take care of our feet year-round; but when the warm weather hits, and the peep toes and sandals come out, we must preserve our Divadom from head to toe. This means smooth heels, polished toes….I know I do not need to elaborate any further. You know what to do!

Mind the Office Dress Code – It is not unusual in many work places to have a dress code especially for warmer weather. Although the dress code may permit more lax work apparel during the warmer months, be mindful not to push the envelope too far. How do you know when you’ve gone too far? As a rule of thumb, if your first thought is that your outfit may be inappropriate, change! After all, we ARE professionals and we should always BE professional…even in the Spring!

Groom Appropriately – Bare legs. Sleeveless shirts and dresses. Shave and/or wax appropriately. Thanks in advance!

Add Some Color! – Nothing makes me feel better in the Spring than wearing bright colors. Oranges, pinks, yellows…they all scream SPRING! There are so many different ways to add color to your work attire. Try adding a bright yellow shirt and matching shoes with a classic black suit. Or maybe add some colorful bangles or a necklace to your outfit. You can even do and tangerine colored cardigan with everyday work slacks. Or even a nice colorful hue of nail polish. However you choose to do it, DO IT!



Nude Peep-Toe Pumps – No explanation needed…they work on so many different levels it’s scary! Just get a pair and thank me later. (Stay tuned for Professional Diva Must Haves……)

Try the Fruit! – Spring and Summer fruits are ready to make their appearance. In the spirit of health and wellness, I encourage you to try fruit that are in season during the Spring (and Summer), including cherries, pineapples, strawberries, citrus fruits, mangos, plums, and watermelon. Mmmmmm…..so much inspiration for martini recipes…stay tuned Divas!

Sports Break! – Here are a few tidbits regarding Spring and sports, just in case it comes up during a networking event:
        - NBA Basketball is in its second half of the season, leading to the playoffs and finals in June. (Go Knicks!)
        - The MLB baseball season begins on March 31st. (Go Yankees!)
        - NCAA Basketball is still hot!

That’s all I got for now. Again, please feel free to add more…your fellow Divas will thank you. Happy Spring!

29 comments:

Donna Urso said...

I'm so happy spring is here? Love those nude shoes... It's Donna from www.justonedonna.com.

twinkietotmom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog during the SITS Comment Cocktail Hour last week! It was so much fun! I totally love this spring post & totally need to get myself a pair of nude peep toes...so in love!

TheProDiva said...

Ladies, the nude pumps will bless you...I promise! Thanks for stopping by!

Sarah said...

I second the love for the nude peep toe pumps. They are HIGH on my shopping list now. Great post!

Unknown said...

The salad look wonderful. I need to pick up fruit this afternoon.

Kita said...

I love the salad can't wait for fresh fruits. I love spring and it's here I can do everything on the list except the heels but I love the color and think every women should have a color in their closet.

Counselor Musings said...

Visiting from comment hour! Awesome tips...and I love the nude pumps...I need (read: want) a pair!

Kimberly said...

That watermelon looks amazing!

Stopping from CommentHour!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, so excited for Spring. Thanks for sharing!

#commenthour

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Oh, I can't wait for summer fruits! YUM!

pretty blog. came over from the SITS Comment Hour.

ManWifeDog said...

Thanks for the sport tidbits!! I love that idea! I can sound like I know what I'm talking about now..i need that...love it as usual!!!

P.S. Um don't we both live in New Jersey? What warm weather? What blooming flowers? Take me to this place you speak of, please! I have the fever!! LOL!

Cabrini said...

Great tips and yes we should all follow them. Fruit is great anytime but it's especially refreshing in the spring time.

Amy DM said...

Great ideas for spring.

Hope you're having as much fun as I at #commenthour

Caren said...

Love the shoes! I can't wait for my pedicure this Saturday! Great tips!

Gina said...

Thanks for the reminder...time for a pedi ♥ Definitely in need and then I will wear those cute sandals more often. =)

The Lucky Wife said...

YES! LOVE Spring and especially the spring food, like fruit! Check out our Strawberry Freeze Recipe for a great spring/summer one to keep you cool!! :)

Donna Urso said...

I started organizing my spring wardrobe today. It will be good to put the winter behind us! Love nude pumps!
It's Just One Donna from www.justonedonna.com

Unknown said...

great post and wonderful blog -- I will be returning!

Katy said...

good tips! I need me some nude peep toe pumps!

stopping by from the comment hour!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I gotta get me some nude pumps. I like that watermelon fruit dish too. Perfect for springtime! It's been cloudy and cold for the past 3 days. Gloomy. Yuck. Need some sunshine!

Anonymous said...

Love writing comments and then it rejects my credentials hmmmmm stopping by from #commenthour at sits

tried the openurl
then wordpress which I don't use by have a signin
and then it deleted my comments when I came back

Now I just went and signed into wordpress so hopefully they go through this time.

sweetjeanette said...

Hey there! (loving the puple/lavendar colors!) I love the nude toe shoes, except I'd break every bone in my leg/ankle/hip and elsewhere if I tried to take one step. Now the fruit.... yum-o! LOL.
Making my stop from #CommentHour and also thanking you for stopping by sweetjeanette.com and leaving your sweet comment! You touched my heart but your selfless comment to pray for someone you didn't know but felt led to. I love that!

Toqua's Crafts said...

I don't wear heals. There are many reasons. But I do agree with your other great tips and yes we should all follow them. Fruit is great especially in the spring time.

I missed @CommentHour tonight, but I still wanted to come by and visit.

Blessings!

Toqua’s Crafts
http://ToquasCrafts.blogspot.com
@ToquasCrafts

Kimberly Davis said...

I LOVE the palmers with SPF! I just got my pedicure yesterday :)

Susan Cook said...

Cool ideas! I wish Spring was coming! We are supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow tonight/tomorrow!

And I say Go Red Sox! - lol

Thanks for stopping by my blog on the SITS #commenthour

I Thought I Knew Mama said...

Happy Spring to you too! Now if only the snow would get off my lawn... ;-)

(Stopping by late from Comment Hour!)

Jamee said...

These are great tips! I am loving those nude peep-toes! Why can't I wear heels?! Ugh! SO CUTE!

Stopping by from SITS comment hour! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Eileen ludwig said...

Spring greatest time except fall colors are gorgeous too - thanks for coming by #commenthour

New tutorial up http://www.socialmedia-school.com/twitter-social-media-networking-tutorial-begin2/

WOW, you fixed it for commenting - GREAT job!

Eve said...

Great tips! I especially like the shoe part! I'm going shoe shopping tomorrow...yay!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share My Post!