Work It Out!!!

Sunday, May 22, 2011


Happy Sunday Divas! I am happy to report that Spring has finally sprung in the Northeast (where I’m located). With the warm weather comes less clothing and more skin. In keeping with the spirit of Spring and the impending Summer season, I’ve noticed that many of my blogging friends and subscribers are making an extra  effort to drop a few pounds and/or tone their bodies…I am no exception. First let me say that I am absolutely ecstatic that my fellow Professional Divas have found time to incorporate exercise into their work schedules. Exercise is vital to maintaining a healthy and divalicious lifestyle, and my fellow Divas get it!

Second, I must admit that it was not always easy for me to get motivated to exercise. Music, however, seems to be the one thing that gets me amped for a workout. Whether it be running that last mile, getting that final rep, or even getting started at all, fast-paced music always gives me the pick-me-up I need to get it right, and get it tight! I have several playlist on my iPod that I use during my workouts. Slowly, but surely, I plan to share these playlist with my fellow Divas in the hopes that the tracks will motivate you to get moving. First up is the list of tunes I use for a 30 Minute run (plus 4 minutes to cool down). Enjoy!

The Time (Dirty Bit) - The Black Eyed Peas - 5:08

Till The World Ends - Britney Spears - 3:58

Beautiful Monster - Ne-Yo - 4:11

Dynamite - Taio Cruz - 3:23          

Born This Way - Lady Gaga - 4:20

Beautiful People - Chris Brown - 3:45

Only Girl (In the World) - Rihanna - 3:55

Gimme Dat - Ciara - 4:11

Liv Tonight - Nelly - 4:31

DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love - Usher - 3:42

Check back in a few weeks for another great playlist. Also, feel free to share some of your favorite workout tunes in the Comments section below. Have a fabulous week Divas!


3 comments:

Stephanie in Suburbia said...

I love Gaga for a good workout! Because I tend to mostly wear my iPod when speed walking with the dog, I also include some No Doubt and then some goofy older songs like "Hungry Like a Wolf" because they always make me smile.

Sandra said...

Great idea inspiring us with workout tunes!

Buttercream Blondie said...

I definitely agree that exercise is vital to a divalicious lifestyle! Running is such a mood booster for me, and it's the one time I get to clear my head. Music is definitely what keeps me motivated and my playlist depends on what mood I'm in!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share My Post!