Rest In Peace Ms. Houston!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ms. Whitney Elizabeth Houston (1963-2012)
Last night, many of us were stunned to hear the news of Whitney Houston's passing. I certainly was. Whitney Houston was and icon...a legend...an immensely talented singer, entertainer, and actress, which is how many of us will remember her. Since last night, I have been listening to her music...her voice was golden...unique...magical...incomparable! 

During this sad time, I choose to focus on her talent. After all, we all have demons. We all have a past. We all have things we have to overcome. Today I choose to focus on the contributions Ms. Houston has made on the music and motion picture industries. I choose to remember the whole person and her body of accomplishments. How no one has come close to her rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. How her version of "I Will Always Love You" makes you forget that it was a remake...the original was never that good! How her music has managed to transcend generations. I choose to focus on these things in remembrance of Ms. Houston.


Ms. Houston was also a mother and a daughter...today, I send prayers out to her mother, her daughter, and her family and friends. Yesterday we lost a musical legend, and she will truly be missed. Rest in peace Ms. Houston!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share My Post!